Depression Glass Debug Library NEWS
- This is small bug fix release. Main changes are:
- I have created dgcons at http://sf.net/projects/dgcons.
From now on, this is the primary build environment for DGD. Please
send me an email if you don't like it.
- Migrated to Subversion
- After long period of silence I am releasing DGD-0.1.0. This is
development version. Main changes are:
- migrated from GNU autoconf and make to Cons
- migrated from gnugetopt to clo++
- changed prefix of the command line options from --debug to --trace
- added articles to tutorial
- added samles
- changed versioning
- Bad news for lazy guys
- I have upgraded my compilers to msvc70 and gcc-3.3.2 so support
for older ones is dropped. If you are interested, please write an
appropriate Cons modules and let me know.
- There are no more makefiles in DGD. I will try to invent some makefile
generation scriptology, but until then you will need to get Cons working.
See INSTALL file for more details.
- I have changed DGD versioning. Now DGD version will have four
- Stable version. Incremented only on stable releases.
- Major version. Incremented only when major changes were mage.
- Build number. Incremented upon finishing of adding features or fixing bugs.
- Compilation number. Incremented automatically and is not part of official
- Fixed Doxygen to generate right inner class names in HTML
documentation. The DGD documentation is updated.
- Release 0.25. Documentation build system is redesigned.
Switched from Webmake to Mason. I have no plans of adding new features to DGD.
Next few releases will have only documentation updates and better porting
- Version 0.24 is a bug fix release. Fixed two major bugs and
added some more code documentation, primary on funnels and multifile logs.
- Released version 0.22. The main target of this release is
funnel - special channel-like object which can be bound to physical streams
at first place. Then all other channels can be associated with the funnel.
The second target was multi-file logs. There is a special funnel called
DGD::multifile_log which can split the log by output size or by number of
output lines. There is no documentation for the new code yet.
- Added new tutorial articles.
- Added two tutorial articles about channelbuf and formatting.
Look in related pages in code documentation.
- Released version 0.20 on freshmeat.net. It is important to me
to know whether DGD is useful. Right now, I am getting no feedback from people.
Please, visit the DGD Forum and let me know what do you think about
- Ported DGD to Cygwin and Linux. Using gcc 2.95. I am not
distributing binaries for those right now. If you need
ones please contact me.
- Added subdirectory msvc-prj which contains VC++
projects for DGD. People who have no cygwin installed can use these
to build DGD. Note that I am planning to update VC++ projects
for stable releases only.
I have written a perl script which allowed me to integrate doxygen
output and webmake generated site.
- Please fill the online survey.
Created a web site for DGD using WebMake.